Wednesday 26 October 2011

Need help with my big screen's picture.?

I have a 53%26quot; RCA (I believe) television and it is somewhat old. It was my parents and they bought it around '95 or so. They got a new one so I took this one because it worked. My problem is that when I turn the T.V. on, the picture is too big for the screen. I was watching Are you smarter than a fifth grader and the FOX emblem was half way cut off by the bottom of the T.V. It is not a widescreen, it is a perfect box. Also, the screen will change between its normal size and its oversize picture quickly. Does any one kow how to fix this because the picture is shaky and it hard to focus on it.
Need help with my big screen's picture.?
The tv might have different modes. Maybe you are in a Zoom mode, or something. Also, I believe projection tv's have some overscan. You can change that, but only from the service menu (and I don't know how to do it). Check your manual to see if you are in a Zoom mode.
Need help with my big screen's picture.?
Check the manual for possible adjustments. Maybe it has a built in menu?