Friday 16 September 2011

How do I change the size of my pictures - Pleaaaase help?

I took a picture and it was saved in a flash drive. It is 50mm by 50mm and it has bit depth of 251dpi. Unfortunately it is is too big and it should be 62.5kb or less. How do I bring it down to less than 62.5kb?
How do I change the size of my pictures - Pleaaaase help?
You did not mention what kind of software you are using, so my answer would be very general.



Your picture is equivalent to 494 pixels by 494 pixels. The size of your file is closely related to the total number of pixels, the number of colors, and the file type.



If it is a gif, you can reduce the file size either by reducing the number of colors or the picture dimension or both.



If it is a jpg (most likely), you can reduce the file size by:

1. Reducing the color depth. (If you have Paint Shop Pro, it can be done easily)

2. Reducing the picture dimension. I would suggest 200 pixels by 200 pixels or less.

3. Reducing the quality (this means increasing the compression ratio)

or a combination of them.
How do I change the size of my pictures - Pleaaaase help?
use Paint. Open the picture in Paint. Go to Image - %26gt; stretch/skew, then change both fields under %26quot;stretch%26quot; to a number less than 100. Make sure the number is the same in both fields. Once you have the picture down to the size you want, save it.
http://www.irfanview.com/





Images, Image Editing, Image Viewing

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/i鈥?/a>



Resizing an Image Using Irfanview

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t鈥?/a>
well if you dont have photoshop!!!



drop it in paint and shrink it manually or change the extension to a .gif