Sunday 5 June 2011

How do I change size of pictures?

I have a Nikon Coolpix 4100. When I take pictures, then download them to my computer, they are huge. The pictures are usually a 1700x2288. I have the InfrView program, but I only know how to change them one by one. I%26#039;m not very familiar with the program (to know how to change them all at one time), and I have quite a few pictures that I%26#039;d like resized. Can anyone help me?? Is there a way I can adjust the settings on my camera? Or do I have to adjust it on my downloading software? Or do you know how to resize bulk pictures on InfraView???





Please help!!!


Thank you!|||If you have Windows XP, go to this site and download the %26quot;image resizer%26quot; It doesn%26#039;t take up hardly any room.


Once you load the pics onto your computer, view then as icons. Hold down %26quot;control%26quot; and highlight the ones you want to resize. Once done highlighting, right click on one of the images, and you should see %26quot;resize image%26quot;. Click it, and you can make them small, medium, or large. It will save your original, and make a new copy of the resized image. Small is good for myspace, and emails. Hope this helps.


http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downl鈥?/a>|||Just had a garage sale and now taking pics on what%26#039;s left over and posting the pic on Craig%26#039;s List.With my 10 meg camera the pics are too big for me to post.I resize my pics like Sarah said to do and Bingo!!It worked.Thanks,Sarah!

Report Abuse


|||I think you need a different program. I%26#039;m sure there is one out the that will resize your pics all at once|||You can set that in the menu of your camera, the thing is you WANT that high resolution. When you have more mega-pixels, that image is bigger. When you print images the bigger the better.|||To send as e-mail you%26#039;ll want to make images smaller, but Ryan is correct; you want to shoot your shots with the highest megapixel your camera has to offer. That would be your best quality photos along with a low ISO setting.|||use the photo program that came with the camera.


or download picasa by google.