Sunday 5 June 2011

How can I change the size of my picture?

I am trying to post 2 pictures on justin.tv but it has to be a certain size to work. I want to post a header image which needs to be 950px wide and less then 3mb, and a default picture for my profile which needs to be 640px wide and 480px tall. Also needs to be less then 3mb. So, how do i do it?|||You need an image editor program which will allow you to scale the image and save it as a new file, preserving your original. (Always save the original! You can scale an image down, but when you try to scale it back up you lose a lot of image quality.)





You don%26#039;t say what OS you%26#039;re using, so I can%26#039;t be specific. You may already have a program on your machine that will allow you to resize (scale) images. I%26#039;m not a Windoze user, but I think it comes with one.





If you don%26#039;t have an image editor already (e.g., Photoshop, GIMP) you can download GIMP here: (http://gimp.org/) for just about any OS. To scale an image in GIMP, you just open the image (File-%26gt;Open), click Image-%26gt;Scale, set the width you want, and click Scale. When you%26#039;re done scaling it, click File-%26gt;Save As to save it to a new file name/location.|||Photoshop, any version. Go to: %26quot;image size%26quot; and %26quot;canvas size%26quot; to set how high and wide will be. Then, when you click %26quot;save as...%26quot; you will be asked whether you want to save it as a good quality picture (more MBs) or worst quality (less MBs)