Sunday 5 June 2011

How do i change the size of a picture after it is already on my puter?

I took a picture on my digital camera and now need to make it 500kb. it is 1.02mb now. i have the canon powershot a70.|||There is a program that you can download for free at this link


http://www.tucows.com/preview/194967


It%26#039;s really good! I use it all the time!|||Just reduce it in size. One way, if you have Photoshop or a cousin, is to go to Image %26gt;%26gt; Resize %26gt;%26gt; Resize Image and just cut the pixels down. For instance... Look at the width and height. If you multipy them, you will come up with a number. This is the total number of pixels. Divide that number in half and see how many pixels is your goal. Play with the numbers and see what dimensions you would need to come up with the goal number. I%26#039;m sure there is a math genius here who can give you a formula, but it looks like you should try dimensions for width and height that are about 70% of your original dimensions.





Your camera makes a 3 MP image at 2048 pixels x 1536 pixels. If you resize to 1330 x 998 (or thereabouts), you would come up with a 1.3 MP image that would probably be close to a 500 KB file. I tried 65%, just because your original is over 1 MB.





Haha - or use dnf007%26#039;s site, which she uploaded while I was spinning my wheels doing the math and experimenting; trying to reinvent the wheel.|||easy go to picture properties and resize it. make it about half the size it is now......... hope this helps!|||download microsoft resizer